Video 1 (High Tech High Graduate School of Education, CARPE College Access Network):
- Jimmy Mendoza Hernandez, Student
- Jonathan Villafuerte, Improvement Coach
Jimmy Mendoza Hernandez and his mentor Jonathan Villafuerte share the value of the CARPE College Access Network which aims to increase college access among students from communities of color or from low-income backgrounds.
Video 2 (New Visions for Public Schools):
- Jon Green, Continuous Improvement Coach
- Kaye Houlihan, Principal
Colleagues Jon Green and Kaye Houlihan discuss how the continuous improvement model makes room for understanding the whole child while supporting teams that are committed to the work.
Video 3 (Connecticut Rise):
- Jamie Meurer, Senior On-Track Coach
- Daemond Benjamin, Senior On-Track Coach
RISE network coordinators Jamie Meurer and Daemond Benjamin share their experiences working with ninth graders to help achieve their full potential and support their academic success in Hartford, CT.
Video 4 (High Tech High Graduate School of Education, CARE Network):
- Jean Zelt, Teacher
- Molly Simonetti, Speech Language Pathologist
California middle school educators Jean Zelt and Molly Simonetti reveal how the CARE network helps to shift their focus from test scores to belonging and engagement for eighth grade students of color and low income status.
Video 5 (Texas Network for School Improvement):
- Danielle Knox, Instructional Coach
- Krystal Sullivan, Secondary Math Coordinator
Texas Network for School Improvement colleagues Danielle Knox and Krystal Sullivan discuss ways that the continuous improvement model helps underrepresented students and teachers navigate the classroom in the wake of the pandemic.
Video 6 (High Tech High Graduate School of Education, CARPE College Access Network):
- Hortencia Armendariz, Coordinator, Family Resource Center & Student Services
- Elizabeth Rockenbach, Student
CARPE College Access Network member Hortencia Armendariz and her mentee Elizabeth Rockenbach reflect on their relationship throughout Elizabeth's time in school and during her college application process.
Video 7 (High Tech High Graduate School of Education, CARE Network):
- Adrienne Villarreal, Teacher
- Curtis Taylor, Improvement Coach
Educator Adrienne Villarreal shares with colleague Curtis Taylor how the CARE network provides a blueprint for student-centered practices through equity, agency, and feedback in her sixth grade math classroom.
Video 8 (Teaching Matters Network for School Improvement):
- Jacobē Bell, Senior Educational Consultant
- Amber Smith, Senior Educational Consultant
Teaching Matters Network colleagues Jacobē Bell and Amber Smith exchange their big “aha moments” in educational consulting within a community of NYC middle schools through culturally responsive practices and continuous improvement methods.
Video 9 (New Tech Network College Access Network):
- Jessica Rivera, Teacher
- Markeisha Grant, Continuous Improvement and College Access Coach
Jessica Rivera and Markeisha Grant compare notes on how their childhood education informs their work at the New Tech Network which guides students through the college admissions process.
Video 10 (Network for College Success):
- Eliza Moeller, Continuous Improvement and Equity Coach
- Nicholas Cybulski, Teacher
Eliza Moeller and her mentee Nicholas Cybulski talk about their evolution as educators and the mindset shifts that helped them to be more effective with middle and high school students.